The Beverly Arts District (BAD) Committee seeks submissions from artists to install public art at the Red Fence Gallery. The Gallery is located outdoors on a piece of red fence between Atomic Café (268 Cabot Street) and the Lindsey Building (266 Cabot Street). The fence is approximately 5’ x 4’ and we encourage you to visit it before you submit your application.
The goals of the Red Fence Gallery are to showcase creative talent in a high-traffic area, to add to the public art scene in Beverly and to entertain visitors to downtown Beverly. The Gallery was launched in 2016 and has had 4 installations to date, three of which were paintings done right on the fence and one which was created offsite, framed and hung on the fence.
- Applications are due by Wednesday, Oct 11; the selected artist will need to complete the installation by Nov 5
- A stipend of $300 plus reimbursement for up to $100 in materials cost will be paid after installation
- Artists will be selected by a jury created by BAD
- Design must incorporate or leave bare details of the fence (color, shape, etc); see examples below
- BAD will promote each installation with a plaque installed on the fence, a ribbon cutting, an opening reception, and posts on the BAD website and on social media
- Artists agree to install the same artwork that they submit for consideration
- All materials must be able to withstand normal weather conditions
- When de-installing the art, artist must leave the fence in the same condition it was when work began
Submit the following via email to Gin Wallace at email@example.com:
- Completed application
- Either: one full color sketch to scale or 1 high resolution image of the work you plan to install in .jpg, .png or .pdf format using this file name structure: Red Fence YourLastName (ex: Red Fence Wallace)
- Note: if you’re sending from a Mac, make sure your image is an attachment and not embedded in the body of your email
Only submissions which follow the above guidelines will be reviewed.
Click here for the application: Red Fence Call and Appl (9-17)